ESQUIRE: SUPERBOWL SUNDAY NACHOS
Nachos Ingredient/Shopping List
1 Large Bag Tortilla Chips
1 lb fresh Ground Pork or Beef Chorizo
8oz bag shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
8oz sour cream
2 lb block Velveeta Cheese (or Queso Dip)
1 bunch scallions
1 small red onion
4 oz sliced black olives
1 qt basket cherry tomatoes
6 small ripe avocados
4 fresh jalapenos
WHAT YOU NEED:
Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Get your toppings ready:
1. Brown chorizo in saute pan over med-high heat for 8-10 minutes and set aside.
2. Melt Velveeta or queso in microwave for 5-8 minutes until smooth and set aside.
3. Chop scallion, onion and cherry tomatoes and set aside.
4. Slice jalapenos and radishes into thin rings and set aside.
5. Drain Olives.
6. Cut the avocados LAST. Halve the avocados and score the inside and scoop out with a spoon.
Arrange tortilla chips on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and sprinkle Sharp Cheddar cheese. Return to oven to bake for 3 minutes. Chips will crisp and brown and cheese will slightly melt. Pour Velveeta or queso onto the chips and cheddar. Now toppings.
Add browned chorizo, olives, scallion, red onion, tomato, black olive, jalapeno, dollops of sour cream, slices of avocado and radish. Repeat toppings as desired.